Today (24th of November) is thanksgiving day in America. Even though I am nigerian and in Nigeria I choose to celebrate thaksgiving because Americans take this day to honor God and thank Him for his blessing and grace and that is worth celebrating everyday.
I have a lot to be thankful for so in my classic Juliette way of celebrating I decided to do a thanksgiving inspired look.
The colours are similar to that of fall/autumn (one of my favourite seasons) oranges,reds,plums, and deeper shades of yellow and these colours compliment most skin and eye colours.
- After applying my eyeshadow base, I started with with a matt orange eyeshadow which I applied about a third of the way from the inner corners, after which I applied a shimmery orange right on top of the matte orange.
- Next I applied a shimmery burgundy colour next to the orange blending into the orange.
- Next I applied a dark reddish matte brown to the outer-V going in towards the crease.
- After the colour placement, I blended out the harsh lines using a blending brush and mac mineralize skinfinish natural in dark.
- Taking the matte brown colour I place it on my bottom lash line 2/3rds of the way in towards the inner cormers, blending out the harsh lines.
- Next I line my upper lash line with a liquid pen liner and my water line with a waterproof black liner.
- Next I contour my cheeks with a bronzer and apply blush. I used the elf cool bronzer for conour and applied Mac blush in Raizin and format.
- Below is the finished look, I didnt use lashes because I was on my way out and was in a big rush but using lashes really intensifies the look making it perfect for that thanksgiving outing.
- Have fun re-creating this look, remeber don’t be afraid to experiment till you get it right…afterall its only makeup, it washes off right?
All products used are listed below…..Happy thanksgiving Today and everyday. xoxo Juliette.
BlackOpal Total coverage concealing Foundation in truely Topaz
BlackOpal Oil absorbing pressed powder in 03 Cappucino
Fero Cream foundation in Chestnut (to Contour)
Elf cool Bronzer
Mac Blush in Raizin and Format
Matte Orange (Sleek Acid palette)
Shimmery Orange and Shimmery Burgundy (Sleek Sunset palette)
Matte Brown (Makeup forever)
Mac eyeshadow in embark
Eversheen eyeliner pencil in brown-black (brows)
Eversheen eyeliner pencil in black (inner rim)
Zaron waterproof liquid liner in Black knight.
Rimmel Volumn express mascara
Mac lipglass in lust
Boots No 7 lipgloss in Tnagerine twist.